Tuesday, February 16, 2010

{Wonderful Old Lace Finds and Art Journals}

Another great find was this bag of lace edging
Many of these lace edgings will be used in another personal art journal I am
 starting.  I have scanned in over 30 years of family Christmas photos
that I plan to but in a journal.
And those  "star" shaped pieces would be perfect for this journal.
I love adding lace to journal pages and I have plenty here to go around.
I don't know when or who first placed lace, or paint for that matter, on and in books
to create what I now call art journals but I do love the look.
I'm gearing up to making blank art journals for the spring and fall art shows.
And will keep posting updates as I go along. Right now I am busy creating the different elements
that I will combine. 
Painting, altered photos and lace

No comments: