Friday, February 10, 2012

{WIP-Finished}...

Today
poem stitching is finished and I have
submitted it for consideration to the Tis Gallery show Piece and Poem
which begins Feb 22

 Close up of additional hand stitching and flowers.
The poem that I created of the fabric strips reads:

I
want to step
beautiful
through
today.

The
truth
of existence
now.

So
sacred
is
your
Life.

~autumn

The main poem reads:

Today

I
do not
want to step so quickly
over a beautiful line on God’s palm
as I move through the earth’s
marketplace
today.

I do not want to touch any object in this world
without my eyes testifying to the truth
that everything is
my Beloved.
Something has happened
to my understanding of existence
that now makes my heart always full of wonder
and kindness.
 
I do not
want to step so quickly
over this sacred place on God’s body
that is right beneath your
own foot
As I
Dance with
Precious life
Today.

~ Hafiz 

4 comments:

margo duke said...

you are the most amazing and creative person - I love your work, your insight and your stitching -- how very clever!!!

Kris said...

Wow! Such a beautiful piece. LOVE this! Have a beautiful day :)

Dawne Boynton Polis said...

Congratulations on your Liebster award from Eden! Your artwork is superb, especially this poem! I used to do machine embroidery, and you make me want to start again. I am now following you.
xx
dawne

nancy said...

sorry for posting here but i tried to send you the next texture challenge and it bounced back not sure what went wrong
could you please e-mail me
nancy_allpulpedout(at)yahoo(dot)com