Saturday, February 25, 2012

{the post that almost had no title}...

3 finished pieces. 
 I only used one of the original photo collages I started with. 
I wanted something with a bit less of a polished look.  So I chose
a couple of my first paintings.
But how to attach?  There are so many options.
 After considering encaustic.  I went with gel and matte medium instead.
I know these materials better.  My experiments using encaustic are still to unpredicatable.
More on that someday.
I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the sides.   
A solid color white or black would have been fine
but I wanted something "different".  Whatever that meant. 
I had a grunge ribbon around them for a while and I was about to
go with that when inspiration struck.
Laying on the desk top were writing scraps from
another printing experiment.

It was the perfect touch.
It was just what I was wanting.


Yvonne said...

These are wonderful in their simplicity.

nancy said...

sorry autumn, i tried repying back to your e-mail and it bounced back,so i'm writing to you here,,,,,if you would like to download my textures you can find them on my flickr page on my side bar on my blog, i will be posting results on the 13th if you would like to send me your work thanks nancy