Sunday, July 31, 2011

{How to use PSE Photos}...

OK, so what can you do with all those photos you alter in PSE?
Yes, I love to put them in art journals. And I could frame them and hang them on my walls. 
But I do have a few art quilts already on the walls so that doesn't leave
a lot of wall space for other art.
So I made a pillow.

I enlarged and printed the photo of the hydrangea from the last post onto fabric.
Leaving the edges loose I messy stitched around the photos to secure
it to the pillowcase and tacked the corners with knotted pieces of scrap fabric.

Now I can see my art and remember the poem.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Your pillow turned out lovely. Is the main pillow fabric muslin, or linen?

starseasons said...

Hi Becca, the main pillow fabric is neither linen or muslin. It's a cotton fabric with texture.

I found it in the home deco section of Joann's Fabric. I'm not sure what it is intend to be used for. It's not a stiff cotton. It's similar to linen.
Yet not as thick as linen and much more textured than muslin.
It's a loose weave before washing. I bought a yard to bring home to wash and shrink it to give it a tighter weave. And if you can depend on anything it's

that if you wash cotton fabric in warm water it will shrink. And it did, nicely. I originally was considering it to make a duvet cover for my bed.

It's still a bit light weight but I may still use it for a duvet. My sister is coming next month so I will get her thoughts then.