Friday, September 10, 2010

{portraits and hair...)

New portrait painting.
I have focused on eyes, noses, and lips.
Thinking they would be the most difficult. I admit noses can be the trickiest.
But hair has proven even more so.
Luckily I prefer less to more.
And even like messier portraits but somehow I have
gotten a method down that makes my ladies
a bit to polished I think.
Don't get me wrong I still like them.
But I also want something a bit more rough around the edges.
Here she is before adding her hair.  I may try printing her out from PSE and then
trying out new hair "styles" on her.  That way I don't have to
spend all the time painting (and still stressing) over painting her face.
Could be fun

3 comments:

julietk said...

That sounds like a fun thing to do.I generally enjoy painting hair and go mad with it :-) I love to use the smudge tool on Photoshop for hair too. She makes me think of a Grecian hair style.

Becca said...

Hi Autumn, I always love to see your paintings. I think the face is beautiful! Have Fun practicing with the hair.
I've been working with a trial version of PSE8...so far, so good. :-)

Anonymous said...

love her.
she is lovely!