Monday, September 6, 2010

{the art of silliness...}

 I'm not comfortable drawing and want to learn to draw with more ease and enjoyment.
So with the help from The Drawing Lab book.  I drew 100
cats from different references.  This is one I took
to the next level by creating a canvas painting from it from the 1st lesson.
The book.
I love her style of drawing and the book's lessons are fun
(or at least could be if I wasn't stressing about drawing )and easy enough to do. 
The online class
While blog hopping I found this class by the Carla Sonheim, the author
of the book Drawing Lab.
This looks like an excellent class to complement the book and
help keep me focused on it for a least a month.
You can find the outline for the class here
So while I could just follow the book, her online class is so affordable.
And it just plan feels good to support someone offering online classes
at such a reasonable cost..

4 comments:

Becca said...

I'm such a sucker for cats! Love your drawing!

mycuriousteaparty said...

Such a great idea, focusing on one thing, please post more of your cat drawings.

Kate said...

Good for you for jumping in! I bought Carla's book a few weeks ago, but haven't gotten into it yet. I guess you have inspired me!

Anonymous said...

Autumn...
I am checking this out now.
I sent you an invite to join The Hive.
It a community all of Artists.
Very fun too.
Hope to see you!