Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Queen's Croquet Game


We've got a snow day. Yes I know I'm in Arizona but I live in the mountains so sometimes we get snow. And we got it yesterday and last night. So I thought I take sometime this morning to post another page to the Alice journal. This is a favorite picture. I'm not sure what you would call them. The wire croquet "baskets" but I love the way Natasha Burns uses them. I found this photo in Artful Blogging winter 2009. I have played croquet since I was a kid. And still love it. Although never with a flamingo. But it would be fun to give it a try.
The quote reads
Tis so,” said the Duchess: “and the moral of it is –

‘Oh,’ tis love, tis love,

that makes the world go round!"

The facing page. Another quote goes on:
“I quite agree with you,” said the Duchess;
“and the moral of that is

‘Be what you would seem to be” or,

if you’d like it put more simply –

‘Never imagine yourself
not to be otherwise

than what it might appear to others
that what you were"
Having never really read Alice in Wonderland before, either as a child or as an adult. It was just to crazy or should I say mad to read. But having spend some time studying it for this journal I have found that once you sort through the madness you can begin to glean the truths from it.
Just like life.
Isn't it!

No comments: