Saturday, January 24, 2009

Croquet with the Queen


Another page to the journal on "Alice". It's a quilted flamingo. And will be THE page. The legs are off to the side so that I can attach them across the spine of the book and will show up later in the back of the book. I love doing surprise pages. They are sooooooooo fun. Especially when you can view and turn them for yourself. They are so unexpected. I first had this experience at dj pettitt workshop. Not what I grew up reading. And perfect for a book based on Alice in Wonderland? Not sure what page it will be yet so check back later to see it finished. I am off to my art group ( more on that to come) but have another page in mind ready to begin which I hope to complete later today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Autumn,
I like your quilted flamingo. I am not good at sewing, but I love the look of stitches on fabric or paper or anything. Thank you for putting me on your 'list' too. :-)

--Jane

Anonymous said...

You are so great. Thanks for watching.

Autumn